The winners of the 33rd annual Entrepreneur of the Year Awards for the Pacific Northwest region are in, and Seattle-area leaders took home the lion’s share of the accolades.
The 21 finalists for the awards this year represented a wide range of industries, including technology, hospitality, health care, communications, manufacturing, logistics and more. The Entrepreneur of the Year 2019 in the Pacific Northwest award winners are:
- Jordan Allen, CEO, Stay Alfred (Spokane, Washington)
- Madeline Haydon, CEO, nutpods (Bellevue, Washington)
- Alissa Leinonen, founder and CEO, Gourmondo Co (Seattle, Washington)
- Chris Moore, CEO, Concord Technologies (Seattle, Washington)
- Karl Siebrecht, co-founder and CEO, Flexe Inc. (Seattle, Washington)
- Rajeev Singh, CEO, Accolade Inc. (Seattle, Washington)
- Kyle Stavig, CEO, Myers Container LLC (Portland, Oregon)
- Jessie Woolley-Wilson, president and CEO, DreamBox Learning LLC (Bellevue, Washington)
The awards program recognizes entrepreneurs and leaders of high-growth companies who have demonstrated excellence across a range of areas, including innovation, financial performance and personal investment in their communities.
“There are so many remarkable entrepreneurs in the Pacific Northwest, and this year’s winners have a truly unstoppable entrepreneurial spirit that has helped them build thriving, dynamic companies,” says Mark Mathewson, Entrepreneur of the Year Pacific Northwest Region program director.
The regional awards program is part of an international effort to recognize outstanding entrepreneurship, with regional award winners eligible to compete in a national awards contest to be held later this year. The overall award winner in the national competition moves on to compete in the global contest slated to be held in Monaco in June 2020.
The contest, founded and produced by Ernst & Young LLP, touches some 145 cities and 60 countries worldwide. The finalists for this year’s Pacific Region were selected by an independent judging panel composed of local business leaders, previous award winners and leading executives. The award winners in the Pacific Norwest region were announced on June 14 at a black-tie gala in Seattle held at the King Street Ballroom & Perch.
In 2018, a total of eight winners were chosen across just as many categories, including life sciences, media and advertising, family business, B2B software and services and “Lifetime Entrepreneur.”